There is a very simple registry setting which enables us to run QTP when a remote desktop session is minimized. Follow the following steps :-
- Log in to the computer from which you connect to remote computers (if you are not logged in yet).
- Close all open Remote Desktop sessions.
- Click Start and select Run. In the Run dialog box, type regedit and press ENTER. The Registry Editor starts.
- Navigate to one of the following Registry keys, depending on whether you wish to modify the Remote Desktop settings only for the current user or for all users on the computer:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client
- Create a DWORD value named RemoteDesktop_SuppressWhenMinimized and set it to 2.
- Close the Registry Editor.
Happy Automating !
Categories: Awesum Stuff