If you’ve stumbled upon this page, then I’m sure you’re ready to ride on to the LeanFT bandwagon ! In case you’re still having apprehensions, check out my posts:-
You can set up LeanFT with Java by following the below simple steps :-
- Install Java(32 bit or 64 bit depending on your system) from here.
- Add a new system environment variable called JAVA_HOME and set its value to where you have installed java(something like – C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_73). In case you don’t know where to set the environment variable, you need to right click on My Computer, select Properties, goto Advanced System Settings and click Environment Variables.
- Add Following value in PATH environment variable – %JAVA_HOME%\bin, also remove any Oracle Java values in the PATH.
- Download eclipse from this location and extract it into a desired folder in your file system(somedrive:\somefolder\eclipse)
- Install LeanFT and select Eclipse option when tool is asked. Give the above extracted path – somedrive:\somefolder\eclipse
- Download gson.jar from here and put it into the plugins directory of Eclipse.
Start eclipse and it should launch the LeanFT runtime engine and you should see a LeanFT menu in the Eclipse Menu bar on the top.
Would be glad to help out people facing issues while doing this.