Please follow this post only if you want to keep Connector machine separate from the Server machine.
- Install USB drivers for Android Device Manufacturer
- FQDN or IP Address of the Mobile Center Server machine
- You should be logged in to Mobile Center (see previous post) while installing Mobile Center Connector
Please follow the below steps to install Mobile Center Connector:
- Download Mobile Center Connector for Windows software from here.
- Downloaded file will be an ISO file. Extract the contents.
- Log in to your machine as administrator.
- Go to CONNECTOR_x64 folder in extracted contents
- Choose Run as Administrator after right clicking on install_connector-x64-2.01.00.00-307
- The installation wizard opens. Click Next button until Device requirements Screen
- In the Device Configuration screen, select Device Platform for which drivers are installed on the machine
- In the Server Configuration screen,
- Enter the IP address or the FQDN of the Mobile Center server machine.
- If the server was configured to work with SSL only, select Use SSL and specify the SSL port.
- If connecting over a proxy, select Enable in the proxy section, and specify the server, port, and credentials.
- In the Certificate configuration screen, enter your Mobile Center user name (email) and password.
- In the Connector configuration screen:
- Enter the Connector’s IP address or FQDN, and a name for the connector. Provide a meaningful name, as this will allow you to effectively filter devices based on connector names.
- In the Connector configuration screen, indicate whether or not the connector should be private. A private connector only allows the current user and the administrator access to the connector’s devices.
- Installation Summary will be shown after clicking on Next button
- Click on Next button to complete the installation
- When the installation is complete, the wizard displays a message that the connector was successfully installed, and provides an option, Start the service.
- Click Next to start the Mobile Center Connector service.
In the next post, we will be connecting the Real Device to the Connector machine