So you’ve learnt the basics of LeanFT. What next ?
The obvious answer would be to start writing a Framework. Before you start fishing in the troubled waters, let me do a reality check. In my 7 years of experience, I have been writing frameworks for more than half the time. Trust me I could have done with using code that other people have written 🙂
That is exactly what I intend to do with this blog entry! Providing a starting point for people so that we can focus on what’s really important – AUTOMATION rather than framework creation. Some of the weapons in my arsenal(read components of the framework) include:-
- TestNG – The undisputed king when it comes to testing frameworks
- Maven – The defacto build automation tool for Java
- LeanFT – Our favourite test automation SDK 🙂
- Page Object Model is used for better organisation of the code.
- Log4J logs all the important events.
The code for the Framework can be found on this GitHub link. It can be used as a template to write your automation code. Feel free to fork it !
FYI: This framework should be easy to understand if you’ve worked with Selenium based frameworks before. In case of any difficulty in understanding, feel free to comment.