In this post, I will discuss different ways to create Functional Mobile tests using HP Mobile Center from UFT.
Similar to creating normal web tests with UFT, there are 2 ways to create Mobile Tests using HP Mobile Center from UFT:
- Using Record and Run
- Using Object Spy (Descriptive Programming)
Now, to create functional mobile tests using Recording option, please follow below steps:
- Open UFT with Mobile Add-In selected
- Create a new GUI Test
- Click on Record > Record and Run Settings
- Record and Run Settings dialog box opens. Click on Mobile tab
- Check Mobile Center Settings checkbox
- Now, there are 3 sections. Configure these 3 sections and click on OK button.
- Device Selector – Either specific device can be selected or it can be filtered by capabilities in this section (separate tabs for both)
- Application Under Test – AUT can be selected in this section
- Test Options – Several test options can be configured here (such as whether app should be installed when test is started and uninstalled when test is completed, several metrics (CPU,Memory etc) to show when test is running)
- Now, to start recording, click on Record button (or Press F6). A window with selected device and application (AUT) opens for user to start recording
In the next post, I will cover the process to create functional mobile tests using descriptive programming